The Dispute Settlement Centre’s Community Engagement program work with community groups to teach skills in conflict management and dispute prevention.
Activities provided can include:
- Information sessions on DSCV services,
- panel discussions on neighbourhood rights and responsibilities, and
- workshops with community members on managing difficult conversations, and negotiation techniques.
We can also work in partnership with local government or community groups to run facilitated meetings and public forums for community groups around such things as:
- Public safety concerns
- Parking issues around schools / places of worship
- Sharing of resources (like parks and halls) between community organisations
- Planning days for community networks
- Families facing changing care / accommodation needs of elderly relatives
Contact your nearest DSCV office to find out how we can work with you and your organisation.